December 11, 2008

Since TIH and Britney Have Made Me Feel So Guilty...



I have taken their challenge to heart.

I have found a pair of inspiration pumps to counter the oh-so-darling Jimmy Choos that were 50 percent off.

Though these are missing the ankle strap, the similar look and feel make up for it, in my opinion. These MICHAEL Michael Kors pumps can be found in Nordstrom for $148.95.

While wearing talking about pumps, patent leather (when worn appropriately, of course) is our friend. It transcends season and I recommend that you add a pair of shoes to your collection if you don't have them already. Patent leather shoes need not be expensive, I've run across some higher end options (see the Jimmy Choos) and some in, for example, Target that are made nicely and offer a tailored look.
Any patent leather on your shoe rack?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my yes!!! I love patent leather! Today I have on a pair of hot pink and black striped BCBG paten leather heels (they aren't as wild as they sound). I have have a pair of black peep toe ankle strap patent leather pumps by Nine West, a pair of steel gray platform peep toe pumps by BCBG, a pair or red suede and patent leather platforms by Nine West, and a pair of chocolate brown peep toe ankle strap platform pumps by Ann Taylor. I agree, patent leather is our friend and can be worn all season long with the right tights (winter), slacks, skirts, dresses and jeans. Yay for patent leather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TBS I love that you challenged yourself to find a cheaper pair of patent leather shoes. Micheal Kors is still lovely. But can I point out that you are messing with a girls heart because the posted shoe picture is the fabulous CHANEL! Now Chanel is a way to break a houslehold income.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alicia!
    Nope...these are MICHAEL by Michael Kors. My heart is not strong enough to tease about Chanel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! ok the MICHEAL by Micheal Kors are hot too! I actually like them better then the Choos (oops did I just speak blasphemy)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shoes are beautiful! I think I might need to buy them:) I love patent leather. I made my bridesmaids wear them at my wedding. It added a touch of class to their J.Crew dresses.

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2008-2011 The Broke Socialite Media, All Rights Reserved | Site Design by Simply Amusing Designs