May 20, 2009

Shuffling The Deck! Shopping For Outdoor Furniture On A Budget


Mr TBS and I have decided to fancy up our urban deck after a couple of years of being in our home. There is no particular reason that we've been here for a while and have not fashioned the deck...we just hadn't gotten around to it. After seeing photos of a friend's deck, Mr TBS became inspired and we decided to take the plunge. Because we do live intown and have limited space, it only made sense that we'd maximize our square footage and create living space outside; especially since the weather has been so beautiful lately.


We immediately looked on-line for ideas (from AuthenTeak to Wal-Mart) and decided on a budget. After determining the deck's measurements (and the exisiting grill's space), we finalized our shopping list: a love seat, club chair and coffee table. Because we're plus-sized people, our final selection also needed to be well-constructed and the seating deep.


Ever so anxious, I stopped by Horizon Home Collection (they are definintely nice folk but their inventory is too rich for my blood) in Atlanta because I saw their signs for a tent sale on my way home from work. Tent sale? They must be ready to wheel-n-deal, I thought. Well, an estimate for $1700 later, I quickly strolled away and wondered if these folk knew about the state of our economy. Yeah. No. I posted about that experience on Facebook and the fabulous Roslyn quickly shot back a recommendation that I go to Tar-zhay. Boy, I'm so glad I listened!


I found exactly what I was looking for at Tar-zhay! My selection is well within my budget and I still have money to buy an outdoor rug, some cool lights for the patio and greenery! I have included a picture of the set that we chose but will definitely share the finished product within the next few days or so. I've also found a cool soup-starter link which gives tips on creating a cozy outdoor space.


Do you have outdoor living space? Were you on a budget when designing it? Any tips/resources to share?


Photo credit: Target

4 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! Can't wait to see it all jazzed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Do I hear a good excuse for a party?

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooh! I can't WAIT to see the end result!!!!!!!!! What flowers are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine from Target on-line on sale and free shipping - it was the best!

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2008-2011 The Broke Socialite Media, All Rights Reserved | Site Design by Simply Amusing Designs