December 21, 2010

It WAS lavish!

Mr TBS and I at the lavish! Opening Night Party

Moi in the Smilebooth at the Oh-So-Swanky Rue + HGTV parTAY at lavish!

LaPlates and I partnered for these great commemorative plates, cups, notepads for lavish!

Truth be told, I am still very exhausted from the planning and execution of lavish!, the FIRST lifestyle bloggers' conference ever.

My dear friend, Ginny Branch Stelling, of My Favorite Color Is Shiny said it best: "lavish! is the best thing to happen to Atlanta since EVER!" Ha! Don't you love it?  Over 150 lifestyle bloggers converged upon our fair city from as far away as Seattle and New York.  Some of our favorites like Anne Sage, Cassie LaValle, Nichelle Stephens, Grace Bonney, Johnica Reed and Brian Patrick Flynn graced us with their presence and REMARKABLE content.

If you followed the Twitter stream over the weekend (and beyond), you'll see that the community rallied behind this event in full force.  There is not enough space on these internet waves for me to express the level of thanks and gratitude to all of the sponsors, speakers, attendees and volunteer staff.  We'll talk about each of these categories of wonderful people over the course of the next couple of weeks.

I had an opportunity to meet the editor of the first blog that I ever stalked read, May December.  Melissa C Morris is a pioneer in the lifestyle blog arena and an icon amongst the preppy blogger set. She was just as I had imagined her all of these years: pretty, brilliant and HILARIOUS.

There have been LEGIONS of blog posts written since everyone returned to their home offices last week.  I thought I might share a few.  The official pictures will be here in a few days; I can't wait to post them.  Until then, enjoy the recaps from the blogs below:

May December

Camille Styles

Professor Diva Diaries

Blu Label Bungalow

Amid Privilege

Reasons and Roses

Alan and Val

Blue Eyed Yonder

Confetti Style

Smilebooth Photos from the Rue + HGTV soiree at lavish!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for my Christmas "vacation" to really spend some time going through everything I learned. Thank you so much for planning and executing this great unconference for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you now gimme that flower...faints! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a successful event! Can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS! Loved every single update from Lavish and hope, wish and pray my schedule permits me to attend next year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2008-2011 The Broke Socialite Media, All Rights Reserved | Site Design by Simply Amusing Designs