December 4, 2009

The Broke Socialite Loves A TV Dinner




Once again, I've something that I MUST confess.

I, The Broke Socialite, am obsessed with The CW's Gossip Girl.

Am I likely too old? Yes.

Do I care? Absolutely not. I'm of the 90210 generation and this gang satisfies my thirst for trash television. So there.

I love to hate the circuitous storylines and threaten to stop watching it every other week. The problem is that I can't seem to tear away.  Where else can I get my fill of teen angst except from the fictitious brood of Upper East Side-ers (except Vanessa, of course)?  First Nate dated Serena then Blair then Vanessa then (fill in the blank here)...Now Dan and Jenny (due to their father, Rufus', relations with Lily Van der Woodsen, no doubt) have moved up to the de-luxe apartment in the sky-iy-iyyyyyyyyyy.....

Then there's the teenaged be-ascot-ed Chuck Bass, the heir to his deceased father's hotel empire (of course). *swoon*

Your head spinning yet? Gotta love it.

So imagine my delight when I saw this Gossip Girl TV Dinner menu on Epicurious.

Though this spread is quite delightful for mindless television. I think it'll translate to YOUR favorite show or for any occasion for that matter.  I hope you are inspired!

Do you watch Gossip Girl? Which is your favorite character? If you're not watching it, what's your TV candy as of late?

9 comments:

  1. I have watched Gossip Girl, it is rather like mental snack food...a delicious romp! I have pared down my TV viewing and am a Mad Men fan....and I confess to watching the Batchelor and Batchelorette. I am too old for that one at 50 something but it amuses me. My daughter comes over, we open wine, enjoy a meal and she does her laundry! Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE GGirl. Nate and Serena better get themselves together for good, because that boy turned into quite the litte man-whore over the last two seasons with all of the different "serious" girlfriends hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch Gossip Girl. However, every night watch One Life to Live. I have my dvr set to record it every day. I just can't get enough of Todd Manning and his antics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Gossip Girl. I have one burning question though. Do Chase Crawford and Ed Westwick have a clause in their contracts that say, No Guest Male Shall Be Hot In Any Way? Seriously, the other guys are always weasels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love what we love, its fine. I have never watched that show have to tune in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I do not watch Gossip Girl so I have no idea what you are talking about. I do enjoy mindless reality TV such as For the Love of Ray J and Tough Love and pretty much any VH1 reality TV show. Lovin Epicurious! I must show it to hubs as he does all the cookin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brothers & Sisters...the one show that I care about the characters. Drama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope. Never watched it. Not my steelo but then again...I never watched 90210 either.

    I'm odd when it comes to television. What the masses are watching I probably won't find entertaining.

    Pretty much the only thing I HAVE to watch these days is "Modern Family," the Sunday "funnies" and, of course, "60 Minutes." All other times I'm usually watching something on the History channel, the various Discovery channels or VH1 Soul if I'm not watching a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Gossip Girl not just for the storylines but to see what they wear, etc. It is great escapist fun. I love Chuck. I also confess to having read the books back before there ever was a TV show.

    ReplyDelete

 
© 2008-2011 The Broke Socialite Media, All Rights Reserved | Site Design by Simply Amusing Designs