February 16, 2009

Happy President's Day And A Weekend Recap (Recipe and Product Reviews Included)!


Well...

A Happy President's Day and A Happy Monday to you all!

I do hope everyone had a fabulous weekend. Valentine's Day was absolutely fabulous in The Broke Socialite household. Since Mr TBS had to work on Saturday night, I was treated by a brunch prepared and served by my dear, sweet husband in the late morning. When I returned from Saturday morning errands, I was met with a bouquet of a dozen pink (my absolutely, positively FAVE color, of course. Y'all know that!) roses and a lovely spread. *swooning* We had a remarkable afternoon.

Saturday night was blast with some of my dearest girlfriends. The wonderful Shannon (and her delightful pooch kids, Chloe and Remington) hosted a Valentine's Day Dinner Party at her home. Sitting around the table were: Ashley, Shelley, Kate, Brigette and Miss Pink Slip.

The menu? Here goes (and, yes, I'm clutching my pearls...in a good way!)

Appetizers: bruschetta (Kate says you should ALWAYS keep a jar of the Trader Joe's Bruschetta in your pantry), goat cheese and carmelized onion tarts and a cheese and veggie focaccia. TBS picked up the tarts and foccacia from Star Provisions in Atlanta. I certainly didn't want to cook on Valentine's Day! Furthermore, EVERY TBS should have a bakery's number in her cell phone!

Shrimp and Corn Bisque - while everything was delicious, Ashley's bisque was the biggest hit. I promise you, you should try it. Like soon!
Corn Casserole

Chicken Parmesan

Green Beans with Parmesan Crisps

Cupcakes

Dessert Platter of Lemon Bars, Chocolate Walnut Meringues, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars and Wedding Cookies

Kir Royales (SCORE!!!, Ashley)

A Box (Yes, A Box) of Pinot Evil - Equivalent to 4 bottles of wine (at $18/box), I was a bit hesitant to have the girls try this. Can I say it was a hit?! If you are looking for a less expensive bottle (or box), this is a viable option. Though I mostly sipped on kir royales, the girls (who are mostly wine snobs) gave it rave reviews!

RECAP:
  • Get a bakery in your speed dial

  • Try the Shrimp and Corn Bisque! Ashley says it's so easy!

  • Add a bottle (or box) of Pinot Evil Pinot Noir to your "cellar"...ha!

What was on your Valentine's menu?


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2008-2011 The Broke Socialite Media, All Rights Reserved | Site Design by Simply Amusing Designs