February 25, 2009

The Apple Doesn't Fall Very Far...


I was chatting up Mama TBS on Monday night (hi, Mama!) and we were going through the highlights of our day. Before long she was sharing that she was too afraid to watch I Am Legend because of the zombies at the end. I get my scaredy-catness honestly, y'all.


As it turns out Mama was channel surfing because she'd recently negotiated 3 months of FREE premium movie channels (Showtime, HBO, Cinemax, Starz, TMC) when she switched from Comcast to Dish Network. Kind of miffed that Dish Network hadn't gone far enough in their client services pursuits, she rang them up and asked if she could get a trial of the movie channels. Ummmmm...they said yes.


I was so proud when she told me! My Mama is a TBS!


Note to Mama: Now you have 525 channels to watch versus the original 500, good luck watching them all;-) I love you, girl!


TBS certainly endorses negotiation within reason. What's the worst they can say? No?


Have you recently taken your chances, requested and received an additional discount or services?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2008-2011 The Broke Socialite Media, All Rights Reserved | Site Design by Simply Amusing Designs